What to Bring to Colorado
Here is a quick vacation packing tip to read before we get to the list; Start thinking about packing long before the date of your trip. This will give you time to buy the things that you may realize that you need for your vacation. If you need ski equipment or related travel gear, you can check the list of Online Ski Equipment Stores that can all ship express to your house.
The Travel Essentials Checklist
First; the essentials. You should double-check and triple-check for some of this stuff and keep all of these items in your carry-on luggage.
- Personal Toiletries and Medicines
- ID/Passport, Credit Cards, Cell Phone, Chargers etc
- Eye Glasses
- YOUR PLANE TICKETS!!!
- Itineraries and Confirmations
- Driving Maps and Directions
- Important Contacts (Dogsitter and Emergency)
- Cash and Travelers Checks
- Laptop Computer
Ski Equipment and Clothing Checklist
Now for the ski equipment. Here is a list of ski equipment items that you don't want to forget at home.
- Ski Helmet
- Ski Goggles
- Skis, Ski Boots, Poles
- Ski Gloves
- Off-Hill Gloves
- Ski Jacket and Pants
- Base Layers/Fleece
- Ski Socks
Optional and Recommended Items
- On-Hill Backpack
- Ipod, Headphones, Laptops etc
- Ski Wax and Tuniing Equipment
- Flashlights and Other Gadgets
- Deck of Playing Cards
- Travel Alarm
- Two-Way Radios (Perfect for families)
- Boot Dryer
- Rain Gear (Hopefully Not Needed)
- Ski Lock
- Duct Tape!!!
- Your Multi-Tool
- Electrical Outlet Adapters (International Travelers)
Remember... there is more than just skiing equipment.
- Workout Clothes
- Warm Sweaters
- A Nice Dinner Outfit
- Your Street Clothes
- Belts, Cufflinks, Jewelry, Accessories
- Hiking/Mud/Snow Boots
Easy to Buy or Replace Items
These items are cheap and easy to buy when you arrive at your destination. This doesn't mean that you can't bring these items from home and save a few bucks. Everything can be expected to cost just a bit more in a CO resort town.
- Sunscreen and Lip Balm
- Water Bottle
- Ziploc Bags
- Hand/Toe Warmers